Ambulance without a siren

Usually there is nothing to watch out for on a busy highway.Office goers,people stuffed into buses like cotton in pillows.Yes there are eye-catchers like road accidents but that's nothing one would hope to see.Today just like any other day as I was waiting for the TCS bus along with another associate I saw a huge vehicle just like the one used to ferry cars.This one was with the exception of iron bars and the words, 'Horse Ambulance' written in big bold letters.
Now that I have uncovered the mystery of the ambulance sans siren you can relax!
I was highly amused and so was the other lady with me.Never had we seen such a unique ambulance prior to this day! Agree,there must be one for animals lest they need to be ferried long distances to reach a vet.
Surprise lead to suspicion and Suspicion to assurance as I indeed saw a tall,elegant silhouette form behind the bars.As the sunlight gave way the golden mane and the glistening tail came into light.What a beauty! 
But the very fact that it was in the ambulance was that it was in pain.Just like any human being in immense pain and agony who resorts to an ambulance when he himself cannot reach the hospital. 
But the difference in this case was,an ambulance...........wait for it... without a siren!
When a vehicle carrying an ailing man is given topmost priority on roads, given way and allowed to skip signals.Why does a vehicle carrying a mute animal have to wait at every signal? Stay behind other vehicles owing to its size?
Why such discrimination? Isn't the life of a mute animal at par with that of a human?
If I sideline any of the above thoughts,I would like to applaud the government for providing ambulances!Or maybe it is obligated to,but resources are so scarce these days (owing of course to the growing population ). We ought to be thankful.When I first discussed this over lunch,people assumed the ambulance was (pulled ) by a horse rather than being meant for the horse.What a level of sensitivity! 
Note: The above blog is a reflection of my love for animals.If you think I am being overtly cynical feel free to ignore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mahashweta-A review

Let It Rain